This is a short but pretty explanatory tutorial. The topic is obvious, you’ve searched for a solution of what to do when the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 gets really hot and here is our solution. This guide isn’t about those situations when you know you’ve let your phone sit in the sun for too long or when you’ve used it to play games for hours.
The solutions from below are for the situations that occur out of the blue and that don’t seem to have an obvious cause. This is also why the terms may look a bit general, but these general actions are effective with a wide range of other problems. Let’s see how it works out for you.
A guide on the most common solutions of how to fix a hot Galaxy Note 8:
- First, suspect a third-party app that doesn’t work properly or that takes up too much of your phone’s resources, and that is causing this overheat;
- To test this probable cause and get a confirmation, head to the Safe Mode;
- Once the device booted into Safe Mode, spend some time using it like you normally do, to see if the heat goes away – if it does, you can tell it’s a third-party app that you need to get rid of and you might have to do some manual tests, removing them one by one;
- The alternative to deleting one or several apps from the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is to wipe the cache partition first – use the Home, Volume Up, and Power Off keys at the same time, and hold it until the recovery text in blue will pop up on the Samsung logo screen. Select the Wipe Cache Partition from the Volume Down key and start it from the Power key. Do the same to activate the Reboot System Now option when it’s over.
- If the phone is hot in the Safe Mode as well, or if wiping the cache didn’t help, or even if you just don’t feel like manually uninstalling all kinds of apps, you can and you should try a factory reset.
We’ve taken you from the simplest troubleshooting option to the extreme measure of factory reset. We hate to break it to you, but if nothing works, you’ll have to take the path of an authorized service. A Samsung Galaxy Note 8 that gets too hot is no thing to ignore!