If you’re the happy owner of a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 but you’re unhappy with how it handles your browsing history, you can stop frowning. There are ways for you to better control your privacy and choose what you want to remain in your Internet browser’s history and what you want to remove. Read on and you’ll be happy to discover your options!
Delete the Galaxy Note 8 browsing history – General instructions for any Android browser:
- This will have to happen from within the browser’s settings, which means you first need to launch the app;
- With the Android browser opened, go to the upper-right corner and identify the three-dot symbol;
- Tap on it and you’ll see a menu extending on the screen;
- From the options available in there, tap the Settings;
- In the new window that you accessed, identify the Privacy option;
- Select it and tap on Delete Personal Data;
- Again, things will change and you’ll see an extended list with numerous web browser options;
- You can choose what kind of data you want to erase:
- Browser history
- Site data
- Password information etc.
- Tick the boxes of the data you want to wipe out and hit the Delete button;
- Wait for it to finish and leave the settings.
Now, your browser history is free of all the information you didn’t want to keep on your Galaxy Note 8.
Delete the Galaxy Note 8 browsing history – Specific instructions for Google Chrome
We’ve decided to create a different section of this tutorial, specifically for the Chrome browser, because it is one of the most popular choices among the Note 8 users. You will see, the steps are relatively the same, in the sense that you still need to:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser;
- Access its menu from the three-dot icon;
- Select History;
- Select Clear Browsing Data;
- Select the type of data you want to delete;
- Hit the Delete button.
One thing you’ll notice and that you will probably get excited about, is that aside from wiping out general categories of data, you have some more detailed controls. In Chrome, as opposed to other browsers, you can choose to remove only particular websites from your browsing history.
You can see how this helps when you want to remove some sensitive information without leaving the impression that you have erased your tracks. Whoever will come and check your internet browser history on Galaxy Note 8, won’t be able to tell that you’ve cleaned up some things!