We get questions on how to screen mirror a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 all the time. People who buy this smartphone for the first time or who just found out that you have this option to display the content of your smartphone on a TV, want to know what it takes to do so from their Note 8.
To stick to the point, yes, you can use the screen mirror function on this device. And you can connect it to any kind of TV, not necessarily a Samsung Smart TV (though it would be simpler if you’d have the latter at your disposal). Moreover, you can do it through a classic, hard-wired connection or try a simpler, wireless option. More about any of these two, coming up next.
The wired screen mirroring on Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
- It implies using a compatible MHL adapter, a standard HDMI cable, your phone, and a TV;
- Use the MHL adapter to connect the smartphone to it;
- Power the adapter by plugging it into a power source;
- Connect the same adapter to the TV, through the HDMI port, with a standard HDMI cable;
- Go through your TV’s settings and select to display video from the HDMI port;
- After you do all that, the smartphone should display its content directly on the TV.
If, just like we mentioned above, you don’t have a Smart TV but an older analog model, you will also need a special adapter, the HDMI to composite type.
The wireless screen mirroring on Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
- It implies using a Samsung AllShare Hub, a standard HDMI cable, your phone, and a TV;
- Use the HDMI cable to connect the AllShare Hub to the TV;
- Use the same Wi-Fi network and connect to it both the AllShare Hub or the TV and the smartphone;
- Go to the Settings menu of your smartphone;
- Activate the Screen Mirroring from there.
Before we end this short tutorial on how to screen mirror on Samsung Galaxy Note 8, we just need to add that the AllShare Hub is only for the analog TVs. If you have a Samsung Smart TV, you don’t need that one.