Did you know that some apps are limited to different countries? Some countries also have a limited selection of applications, whilst other countries have a much larger selection. Fortunately, it is possible to trick the Google Play Store into thinking your device is from another country. This will open up the opportunity for plenty more apps and games. In this guide, we will be describing how to change your country in Google Play Store and download new apps.
To determine your home country, Google simply uses the billing address you have listed on your primary payment method for Google purchases. The payment methods are all managed by Google Wallet, so all you need to do is change the payment method to something with an address tied to a different country.
Use one of the following methods to change your country in the Google Play Store. Try the first method. If that doesn’t work try the second method.
Follow the steps we’ve listed below to change the country of your Google Play account.
- To change your payment details, you must first sign into your Google Wallet account.
- If you have any existing payment methods on your Google Wallet account, you’ll need to delete them. If you haven’t got any payment methods, skip this step.
- Tap to add a card. Make sure to choose a billing address within the country you’d like to switch to.
- After saving your new card, open the Play Store and search for an app to download.
- You can now proceed to the “Accept and Buy” page when tapping on an app to download it. You won’t need to complete the purchase.
- Net, close the Google Play Store app. Follow the steps below to clear data from the Google Play Store app.
- Open the Settings app
- Tap the ‘apps’ option
- Navigate to and tap on Google Play Store.
- Tap “Clear Data.”
Alternatively, clear your browser cache.
- Next, you need to re-open the Play Store. Your Google Play Store should now be changed to the country of your new default billing address.
Still can’t get Google Play to change country? Follow the steps listed below.
- Open the browser app and go to the Google Wallet website.
- Tap the settings option and change your home address.
- To begin with you must remove your old address. Tap the Address book tab. Remove your existing address.
- After removing your old country, you’ll be able to add a new home address. You will need to accept the new terms and conditions for the new country.
- Next, open the Google Play Store briefly, then follow the steps listed below.
- Open theSettings
- Tap on the Apps
- Navigate to Google Play Store. Tap on it when you’ve found it.
- Tap the “Clear Data” and “Clear Cache”
The next time you open the Google Play Store, it should now be changed to the new country you listed on the Google Wallet website.