The Samsung Galaxy S8 Android smartphone is a complete package that seems to contain everything including; amazing display, resistance to water, strong performance for your daily tasks as well as a powerful high-end camera.
However, you need to make more changes to make this device more personal. For instance, you could organize your contacts into groups. Although your smartphone will come preloaded with some groups, you can decide to add on a few more personal groups of your choosing using the options we have provided below.
You can use groups to easily find a contact, to send text messages as well as to delete a group if your change your mind about keeping large groups on your smartphone. Now follow the steps in this guide below.
Creating a new group on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- From the Homescreen, go to the Apps
- From here locate Contacts
- Click on Groups and choose to Create
- Type in information concerning the groups you are creating
- Click on the device storage and all accounts to select where you would like to save the group
- Enter the group name by clicking on the option for Group name
- Now click on group ringtone and choose a ringtone of your liking for the group’s notifications such as incoming calls from members of that particular group
- Select Add member and choose the contact numbers to add as members of the newly created group
- From here click on Done
- To save the new groups just tap on Save.
Adding contacts to a new group on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Go to your phone contacts by going through the Contacts app icon
- Click on groups
- Select a specific group
- Then tap more and select Send Message
- From here, tap on message recipient icon so as to edit the members of the group who will be receiving the same message.
- Type your message and then send it
Deleting a Group on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
As I have mentioned before, nothing can stop you from deleting any group from your Galaxy S8+ Plus. The option to delete a group also comes with an option to delete all contacts from your smartphone.
- Tap on Apps icon
- Go to Contacts and open Groups
- Tap on a specific group
- Look for the option which says Delete from the options under More
- You will eventually have to tap on a group to only delete the specific group. Alternatively, you might select the Group and members if you are looking to delete a group and all its members