Gadgets such as the mobile phones and portable tablets are becoming more popular each day. As such, it is becoming increasingly hard to try and remember all those phone numbers by ourselves. Therefore, when you wish to switch to another mobile phone operator, it is imperative that you sync all your contacts of your old phone to the new phone. Otherwise, it will be really hard to call or text the contact of your choice, because you don’t have every phone number in your head.
In this article, we look at 3 easy ways in which you can sync your Gmail contacts with your Galaxy S8+ Plus. So we’ll suppose we are syncing Gmail contacts to Galaxy S8+ Plus. Gmail is a service offered by Google and which helps users to store a lot of helpful information on it for ease of access. Then we have a Galaxy S8+ Plus mobile phone that runs on the Android OS. So as a matter of fact, any of the 3 ways discussed on this article will prove to be very useful for the Android OS users.
How to directly sync your Gmail contacts with your Galaxy S8+ Plus
If you don’t wish to download any tool for your computer for syncing the Gmail contacts, then this is the recommended method to use. And it is really easy to sync your Gmail contacts with your Galaxy smartphone in this method. Check out the following tutorial for your reference.
- Open the “Settings” function on your Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Browse for the “Accounts” option to check and manage the accounts including the Google account.
- Check to see if Google is on display. If not, then you will be required to first add a Google account to the list by simply clicking on the “Add” button.
- Type in your Google account details after that, you will be successfully logged into your account. In case you don’t have a Google account, you might be required to create one altogether.
- After the log in, you will see a list of all available information, including contacts, Gmail, App data, Google Fit data as well as People details. You will be required to select the items that you wish to sync with your newly acquired Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Once you follow the steps above, you should know how to sync Google contacts on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.