The SOS feature on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus is still there on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus thanks to Samsung.
You could believe the SOS feature is useless but this feature could be a really big lifesaver if you seem to be in a emergency situation where you can solve the issue that you are facing.
If you happen to have the Galaxy S8 and are trying to figure out a way to turn on the services for SOS messages on, it is recommended to take a look at this guide. You can use the following simple instructions to have the service configured very quickly.
Enabling the Send SOS Messages on the Galaxy S8:
- Swipe from your home page to have the your notification drawer pulled down.
- Then, you can click on the Settings key on top of your screen. Do not forget to have the Settings app launched from the home screen or from your app drawer as well.
- Go down and choose Privacy & Emergency.
- Next, click on the Send SOS Message. The message will not be send immediately but then the feature will be turned on.
- The switch should be slide to the right.
- Hit the Add to the alert that shows up meaning that you can have an emergency contact created.
- Choose to create contact to have it set up as a new person just like the contact that you want.
- You will be able to select the contacts to choose who you want from the address book.
- Put in the persons name and their phone number.
- Next, you need to click Save towards the top.
- You will be able to also add three more emergency contacts up.
- Click on the back arrows that are at the top.
- Have the options adjusted for attach audio recording or attach pictures like you prefer them to be like.
From this time, the SOS messages will be sent to your desired contacts once you need to send them. You can easily do this by clicking the power button at least three times so you can send the SOS message.
Did you find this guide helpful? Let us know below in the comment section if this guide helped solve your issue.