The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus have been said to be some of the best smartphones of 2017. But sometimes as with most devices, the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus has issues with restarting, lagging or other types of software problems. The best way to solve these issues is by completing a hard reset on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
When you go to complete a hard reset it’ll act like the phone just came out of the box and everything will be removed from the device. This is why we suggest that you back up all important information and data before you go to complete a hard reset so you don’t lose anything valuable.
You can backup everything on your Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus by going to Settings, tapping on Backup & Reset and then backup your device.
Below we’ll be explaining two different ways that you can complete a hard reset on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
Option 1: Hard Reset On Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Power on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus
- Now from the Homescreen tap on Menu
- Select on Settings
- Tap on Backup & Reset
- Tap on Reset device
- Select on Erase everything
- Now after a few moments, your Galaxy smartphone will complete the hard reset process and be ready to go
Option 2: Hard Reset On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Turn on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus
- At the same time hold and press the Home, Power and Volume buttons
- Once the Samsung logo shows up, let go of the buttons
- With the Volume keys you can navigate the screen to select on the available settings
- Select on Recovery Mode and find the Wipe data/factory reset settings
- Press on the Power button complete the reset process
- Now for the second time press the Power button to confirm “Yes – delete all user data”
- Finally choose on the Reboot system option to finish the process to hard reset your device
After following the instructions from above, you’ll know how to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus using two different methods. As mentioned before, it’s important that you backup all information before you go to complete hard reset so you don’t lose all valuable files and data.