The permanent SIM unlock on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is a hot topic. Just because you bought it from a specific carrier, it doesn’t mean you should get stuck with it and not have the possibility to use a different SIM, from another carrier, on your phone. It may not be too obvious how you can achieve that, but coming up next, we will show you some options.
Before we proceed, we should mention that it is important to know that your carrier is allowing you to make this change. More often than not, you buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and a locked SIM in order to benefit from a lowered monthly bill. This means that you should also expect to have some terms that you must follow before you can make any adjustments. Once you clarify all that, consider our suggestions from below.
The next time when you will be traveling to another country and need to use a local SIM, you will be happy that you have managed to unlock your Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Speaking of which, you can use a third-party service or talk directly to your carrier.
While we cannot see too many reasons why one would like to go with the first option – it costs you money and it can even take up to 2 weeks for that third-party unlock service to help you – it is still an option that many enjoy, so, we won’t overlook it. The second option, however, is more convenient because it shouldn’t cost you and it should happen much faster. Let us show you the details.
Talk to your carrier about the SIM unlock code for Galaxy Note 8
- Simply call the cellular company;
- Through the customer helpline, ask for your unlock code;
- Provide the IMEI number of the Samsung Galaxy S8, for confirmation;
- Wait to get the unlock code through email, in a few days.
Talk to a third-party service about the SIM unlock code for Note 8
- Do some research and decide on a particular unlock service;
- Select the appropriate tool for your device;
- Again, provide the IMEI number to prove that you’re the owner and that you are entitled to unlock the SIM;
- Wait to get the code, as mentioned, for a few days or up to 2 weeks.
Once you have the SIM unlock code for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8…
All you have to do is to turn off the phone, take out the current SIM and place the new one. When you boot into the normal running mode, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will ask you to type the unlock code. Do that and you’ll get free pass from that moment on!