Screen mirroring is easy to use, very accessible, and a preferred option of the many Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus users. If you haven’t heard of this type of MHL support so far but you do own such a smartphone, it would be a pity not to learn how to mirror your phone’s content onto your TV’s content.
Only those who haven’t read our tutorial on this topic can say that activating this particular function on the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus MHL support is a complicated thing. But you’re here and you’re about to learn two different methods. You’ll have to agree with us, as long as you know what you need and you follow the instructions in this particular order, it really can’t get any simpler!
Coming up next, we will introduce you to MHL support on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, through the wired and the wireless types of connections.
Option #1 – The Hard-Wired Connection
- Get yourself an MHL adapter;
- Attach it to the port of the Samsung Galaxy S9;
- Plug in the adapter afterward;
- Next, get yourself a standard HDMI cable;
- Use it to set up a connection between the MHL adapter and the TV – use the HDMI socket of the latter;
- Navigate through the TV’s controls to make it switch to the HDMI channel;
- Start looking at your phone’s content on the TV’s screen.
Enjoy using this method with confidence! Do not worry if your TV is older and analog, a simple HDMI to composite adapter will work things out.
Option #2 – The Wireless Connection
- Get yourself a Samsung Allshare Hub;
- Also, make sure you have that standard HDMI cable at hand;
- Use the latter to connect the TV to the Hub;
- Connect the TV and the S9 to the same Wi-Fi network;
- Navigate on the S9 to Settings and activate the Screen Mirroring option listed in there.
Again, you can enjoy using the smartphone through the TV’s monitor. If you already have a Samsung SmartTV, don’t even bother with the Samsung Allshare Hub. The Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus MHL support is even easier to put into practice with a smart TV.