Statistics tell us that people are getting less and less sleep. Meanwhile, the percentage of those using a smartphone has skyrocketed, which can only mean one thing. More and more people are using their smartphones day and night. With Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus being the latest flagships, chances are that many of those people use Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
Here’s a great question: just because you use this smartphone day and night, does it always have to be the same?
Samsung doesn’t seem to think so, which is why its devices have this special Night Mode on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus that can be easily enabled. The name is pretty clear: when you activate this mode, you’re supposed to benefit from a better experience, one that caters to lower light conditions.
What Should You Know About Night Mode On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus, Before Using It?
One sentence clearly isn’t enough to prepare you for this feature, so, let us add some essentials. First of all, the Night Mode came up with one of the latest Android upgrades. Users who were previously unhappy with how the smartphone acts when the light is poor put their hopes into this upgrade. Still, the Night Mode comes with the Nougat OS version, in beta only…
What Is This Night Mode, After All?
The Night Mode is a special running mode that your smartphone can make use of. When it turns on, it blocks the blue light emissions, the ones that, as you probably know, are responsible for stimulating your brain too much and causing excessive eye-fatigue.
Recent research has shown that all electronic devices with a display have these blue light emissions, something considered to give you sleep problems. From increased alertness when you’re supposed to be sleepy to serious insomnia, all kinds of sleep unbalances are attributed to such emissions.
The fact that your Samsung smartphone can offer protection against the blue light emissions can only be a great thing!
Is This Night Mode On Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus?
The following information is somewhat obvious. To this date, only the Samsung devices that operate on the beta Android Nougat can make use of the Night Mode. Whatever OS version you’ve upgraded to, unless it’s the beta Nougat, you probably won’t have it available. We know you’re probably thinking to check with Google and see if there are any announcements on this topic – believe us, there aren’t. So, you’re either left with the option of rooting your smartphone in order to benefit from the Night Mode feature or…
Or you choose to try this special app that Mike Evans developed and that’s already available in the Google Play Store. If you are to check for a dedicated app in the Play Store, rest assured, you’ll find quite a few. Nevertheless, we strongly support this version against any other third-party app. Give it a try and you’ll see for yourself why!
How To Start Using Night Mode Enabler On Samsung S9 And S9 Plus:
- Begin by getting the dedicated software and installing it on your smartphone:
- Launch the Google Play Store app;
- Type Night Mode Enabler in the search box;
- From the list of results, find the one developed by Mike Evans;
- Hit the Download button and wait to get it;
- Finally, launch it and follow the installation prompts;
- Next, make sure you have activated the System UI Tuner – you’ll get this notification the first time you’ll launch the Night Mode Enabler, after installation:
- Go to the settings of the device (from the App Tray or Notification Tray);
- Locate the Settings icon, tap and hold it;
- Maintain the hold until the icon begins to rotate and you see a message on the screen with congratulations and the confirmation that the System UI Tuner was added to Settings;
- Then you can let go of the Settings icon;
- Press on it one more time, shortly, to bring up the menu;
- In there, you should now see the System UI Tuner option and select it;
- When the popup shows up on the screen and warns you about using this feature, simply tap on the Understood button;
- Finally, get ready to officially enable the Night Mode Enabler:
- Leave the settings and come back to the main Home Screen panel;
- Tap on the icon of the Night Mode Enabler app;
- Tap on the button that says Enable Night Mode;
- You will be then redirected to a window with all the settings and the options associated with the Night Mode;
- Go through those settings, edit them as you see fit, and decide if you want it to activate automatically or manually;
- Save the changes and leave the Night Mode Enabler when you’re done.
The only thing left for you now is to wait for the dark to come. When the light is dim, unlock Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus Night Mode for the experience!