Have you ever wanted to learn how to remove single words from dictionary on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy 9 Plus? Do you like the single words suggestions offered by the Samsung Galaxy S9 keyboard while you type? If you do, you will probably want to know more about it, like the fact that all that history is given by a special dictionary. That’s right, your smartphone is learning your typing patterns and stores previously used words in a dictionary.
When you type new words, it matches your first letters and compares your intentions with words previously stored in the dictionary, hence the activation of the suggestion bar. Now, you can let it do its work without any interference or remove single words from dictionary on Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
If you notice that it keeps giving you particular suggestions that you don’t want to see, you can decide to manually remove those words from your dictionary. Make the best of the Android operating system and the Samsung keyboard typing features, with the instructions from to remove single words from dictionary on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus:
- Pick one app where you can use the keyboard to type texts and open it;
- Start typing the first letters that will make the suggestion bar to display that word you’re looking to remove;
- Once you can see it in the suggestion bar, long press on that word until you see a pop-up;
- The message from the screen will inform you that you are about to remove the word from the list of learned words;
- Confirm the action with the OK button and consider you’ve already got rid of it.
Repeat these steps for any other word you no longer want to have in your dictionary. As you can see, tackling the keyboard options on the Samsung Galaxy S9 to remove single words from dictionary is not that difficult.