All Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus devices come up with these four main types of alerts: Presidential, Extreme, Severe, AMBER. Using your smartphone on a regular basis, chances are you won’t even notice these alerts until… Until one day when, out of the blue, for all the right reasons or simply because of a bug, your smartphone starts making these super-annoying and extremely scary noises. That’s when you find out about Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus weather alerts!
You’ve read that one right, these alerts have also been reported to trigger by mistake. That doesn’t change the fact that government officials, FEMA, FCC, the Homeland Security or the National Weather Service should be entitled to reach out to you and communicate to you messages of extreme importance…
But if you’re getting mostly false alarms, at some point, you might want to know how to turn off weather alerts on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. After all, should a major event really happen, you probably have at least one close friend or family member to let you know about it, don’t you?
If You’re Sure That You Want To Turn Off Weather Alerts On Galaxy S9/ Galaxy S9 Plus…
- Go to the Home Screen of your smartphone and access the Messages app – it can be straight on the main panel or inside the Apps Tray;
- With the Messages app launched on the screen, you must access its dedicated menu – from the 3-dots symbol located somewhere at the top right corner;
- This context menu will pop up on the screen and you must select the Settings entry listed in there;
- Within the Settings menu, identify and select the Emergency Alerts;
- Finally, you’ll get to see the list of alerts that your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus can trigger, the Weather Alerts among a few others;
- Tap on the Weather Alerts option listed in there to uncheck its box and disable it.
Leaving the settings, you can be sure that even with the craziest blizzard out there, your smartphone will no longer display the Weather Alerts. Unless you will reactivate this alert at some point – which you can do by repeating the steps from above and checking the weather Alerts box on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus will spare you from this extra notification. Just the same, you can play around and enable or disable everything else listed in there, except for the presidential alert – that one can’t be deactivated by anyone, so, don’t bother!