You may think that knowing how to cut, copy, or paste on Samsung Note 9 and Note 8 is not useful, but only until you will really need to do something like that. Just like with all the other great features that your smartphone has to offer, it can never hurt knowing some things in advance. These commands are even easier to learn because using them is very intuitive.
Once you get used to it, you will actually start appreciating their importance even more. And knowing that they work relatively the same as on any normal PC, whether it’s a Mac or a Windows PC, will add extra comfort. All these being said, let us show you how to highlight or remove certain words, how to copy texts from emails or how to handle texts from internet pages. Let us show you the exact instructions…
The actual steps on how to cut, copy or paste texts on Samsung Note 9 and Note 8:
- Any text operation on a Galaxy Note 8 or Note 9 will begin with a text selection;
- As you will soon discover, the cut, copy and paste commands only become visible once you have selected the text, even if it is just one word;
- For this reason, you will first have to press and hold an area of the text and you can then extend the selection in any way you need – drag the two tabs that frame your initial selection to do that;
- Once you did it, a small menu will pop up on the display, presenting options such as Select All, Cut and Copy;
- The Paste option will show up in relatively the same manner, only that in the next window, in the area where you are planning to make the selection;
- When you have selected a text from an internet page, aside from the previously mentioned options, you should also have the possibility to share that text, via the Android share button, or to run a fast Google Search by using the search magnifying glass.
Just to recap, whenever you want to cut or copy and paste text on Samsung Note 9 and Note 8, you have to:
- make the selection with a long press
- adjust the selection
- use one of the available commands
- switch to the app where you want to copy
- long press in an empty area
- select the paste action from the menu that will show up
Do all that and you will soon enough become a master of copying texts in Samsung Note 9 and Note 8!