Everybody tells you that it is best to keep the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Note 9 on the loud ring mode. If you happen to misplace it and you need to find it, suffices to make a call from another device and you should get it back quickly. But what do you do when you want to take a selfie without the camera shutter sound or when you don’t want to be bothered by particular notification sounds when you’re in a meeting or trying to have some rest?
You don’t need us to tell you that there are plenty of instances when, despite the general recommendations, you will want to know how to mute and silence Samsung Note 9 and Note 8. You need us to show you how to do it, and that’s the purpose of this tutorial. Prepare yourself to learn not only how to activate the silent mode, but also the gestures that will allow you to stop a notification sound in progress, as a temporary intervention. With the latter option, you can keep the phone in the loud ring mode and still instantly bring to silence any noise from an incoming call.
To use the standard mute functions on Samsung Note 9 and Note 8…
- Use the Volume control key – the one from the left side of the device;
- Hold down that button until you see it switching to the silent mode;
- Alternatively, hold the Power key until you get a couple of options on the screen;
- Select the Mute or the Vibrate options listed in there;
- Last but not least, you can use the Sound Settings – the quick command from the Notification Bar.
To use the motions and gestures to mute Samsung Note 9 and Note 8…
- Go to Settings;
- Tap on My Device;
- Select Motions and Gestures controls;
- Activate these gestures and, from now on, you will only have to turn the phone over, on its face, or to cover its screen with the palm, to make the sounds stop.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or Note 9 really gives you a lot of flexibility in terms of how to mute the sound!