The great camera that a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Note 9 is equipped with will most certainly tempt you to take a lot of pictures. If you happen to delete some of those pictures by mistake, don’t worry too much. We have a couple of options for you on how to undo these accidentally deleted photos, mostly related to particular software recovery tools.
And since we’re talking about it, we should probably mention that these tools can help you with a lot more than the photo recovery. You can also rely on it to recover videos or text messages. From all the options that you have at hand, we would like to talk to you about two of the most popular ones, known as Dr. Fone for Android and the Android Data Recovery tool. Both of them are easily accessible and can handle a wide range of file formats aside from pictures.
The essential preparations for recovering deleted photos on Samsung Note 9 and Note 8:
When you notice you’ve lost some files, the first thing you need to do is to block any Wi-Fi or Data connection. You may be having certain apps running in the background and using the internet to download software updates and check for notifications to push. Any of these might lead to writing particular information on your phone’s internal memory. The key to recovering any deleted file with any software is to avoid overwriting anything on the area where you previously had that file stored.
Once you’ve made sure that no internet connection will allow data overwriting, you can start using the software recovery tool that you have at hand. Download one right away if you don’t have any installed on the device, but, again, shut off any internet connection right after that.
To restore the deleted photos from Samsung Note 9 and Note 8…
- We will assume that you have or that you have downloaded the Dr. Fone for Android special recovery software;
- Install Dr. Fone on your Windows PC;
- Then, launch the program and pay attention to the indications you’re getting in there;
- You will have to set up a connection via a USB cable, linking the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Note 9 to the PC;
- You will also have to enable the USB Debugging from the Developer options menu – if you need help with that, check out this tutorial on How To Enable the Developer Mode and you will be just fine;
- After you have connected the two devices and enabled the USB Debugging mode, on your PC, within the Dr. Fone application, you will see the notification that you have enabled it;
- Continue with following the instructions and let Dr. Fone scan for and show you the list of files that it detected as recoverable;
- Then, you can check which files – photos or other formats – you want to restore and hit the Recover button to get them back.
When all this is done, you should be able to see your previously deleted pictures restored back in the photo gallery of Samsung Note 9 and Note 8.