What do you think about the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Note 9 and Note 10 Preview Messages option? Some people love it, others would rather go without it. If quickly viewing messages is not your thing, it doesn’t have to be. In the next few seconds, we are going to show you how to get rid of it or how to turn it back on – from the lock screen or straight from your home screen notification bar.
The reasons are all yours to choose. You may not feel comfortable with having people around you who can take a peek at what shows up on the display of Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Note 9 or Note 10 whenever that preview pops up. Or you may not like the idea of having to go all the way to the messages app just to see the content of your newly received message.
The fact is that, whether you want to turn off or on the preview messages on Samsung Note 10, Note 9 and Note 8, you can do it from the same place.
If you want to enable/disable message preview on Note 8, Note 9 and Note 10…
- Turn on the phone;
- Go to the Settings menu;
- Select the Applications option;
- Tap on Messages;
- Navigate to Notifications;
- Identify the Preview Message option;
- In there, look for the options labeled as Lock Screen and Status Bar;
- Check or uncheck the box for the option that you want to tweak;
- Whenever you want to make any kind of adjustments, return to the Preview Message settings and tick the right boxes.
Needless to say, if you have deactivated the Status Bar box, you will no longer get preview messages on the home screen of Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Note 9 and Note 10. If you have also deactivated the Lock Screen, the previews will disappear from there as well. Feel free to explore your options!