The clicking sound you get when operating on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Note 9 and Note 10 is yet another matter of preference. The manufacturer opted for these touch sounds as a default option of the Nature UX interface, part for making it an appealing attribute of the device, and part for helping you during your super-fast navigation on the device.
If you’ve come to read this article on how to turn off clicking sounds on Samsung Note 10, Note 9 and Note 8, we can already tell that you are from the category of users who feel annoyed by it. So, without further ado, we will make the mention that there are different types of touch sounds and you will have to deactivate them separately. Here is how to do it.
To turn off the general touch sounds on Samsung Note 10, Note 9 and Note 8…
- These water-drop sounds occur as a common setting associated to common actions on the smartphone, which is why you must deactivate it from the general Settings;
- You can make it to the Settings menu from two different directions – you either swipe down the Status Bar and tap on the small gear icon on the top right corner, or you go to the Apps screen and launch the Settings app from there;
- Once you’ve reached the Settings menu, you’ll have to look for the Sound features and access that section;
- In there, identify the option labeled as Touch Sounds and tap on it to uncheck its box and disable the clicking sounds.
To turn off the keypad sounds on Samsung Note 9, Note 8 and Note 10…
As another option relating to the Sound features and preferences, the keypad sound can be activated and deactivated in two different ways. One of them is, just like the previous feature, under the Sound menu within the Settings app. The other one is at the Call menu within the Phone app.
- Go to Settings, either from the Notification bar or from the Settings app;
- Tap on Sound;
- Identify the Dialing Keypad tone option;
- Uncheck that option.
- Go to the Apps screen;
- Launch the Phone app of your Samsung Note;
- Hit the dedicated Menu button available in there;
- Select Settings;
- Navigate to the Call section;
- Tap on Ringtone and Keypad Tones;
- Identify the Dialing keypad tone listed in there;
- Tap on it to uncheck the keypad sound.
To turn off the Screen Lock/Unlock sounds on Samsung Note 10, Note 9 and Note 8…
- Access the general Settings menu;
- Go, once again, to the Sound section;
- Identify the option labeled as Screen Lock Sound;
- Tap on it to uncheck the Screen Lock Sound option.
To turn off the keyboard click sounds on Samsung Note 10, Note 9 and Note 8…
This option, also active by default, can be just as well deactivated from two different setting areas of your smartphone from the general Sound settings and from the Samsung keyboard settings.
- Unlock the screen and go to the Apps screen;
- Open up the Settings app;
- Tap on Sound;
- Uncheck the Sound option listed under the keyboard.
- Turn on your phone and go to the Settings option from the Notification bar;
- Select Language & Input;
- Select the Samsung Keyboard;
- Uncheck the Sound option.
All these instructions revised, you should now have all the information on how to turn off the clicking sounds on Samsung Note 10, Note 9 and Note 8. Never mind that it’s been one of the best selling devices in the year that it was launched; nothing is perfect, after all. So, if that’s what you want, to disable some or all of these clicking sounds, go ahead and do it!