We get questions on how to screen mirror a Samsung Note 9 and Note 8 all the time. People who buy this smartphone for the first time or who just found out that you have this option to display the content of your smartphone on a TV, want to know what it takes to do so from their Note 9 or Note 8.
To stick to the point, yes, you can use the screen mirror function on this device. And you can connect it to any kind of TV, not necessarily a Samsung Smart TV (though it would be simpler if you’d have the latter at your disposal). Moreover, you can do it through a classic, hard-wired connection or try a simpler, wireless option. More about any of these two, coming up next.
The wired screen mirroring on Samsung Note 9 and Note 8:
- It implies using a compatible MHL adapter, a standard HDMI cable, your phone, and a TV;
- Use the MHL adapter to connect the smartphone to it;
- Power the adapter by plugging it into a power source;
- Connect the same adapter to the TV, through the HDMI port, with a standard HDMI cable;
- Go through your TV’s settings and select to display video from the HDMI port;
- After you do all that, the smartphone should display its content directly on the TV.
If, just like we mentioned above, you don’t have a Smart TV but an older analog model, you will also need a special adapter, the HDMI to composite type.
The wireless screen mirroring on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and Note 8:
- It implies using a Samsung AllShare Hub, a standard HDMI cable, your phone, and a TV;
- Use the HDMI cable to connect the AllShare Hub to the TV;
- Use the same Wi-Fi network and connect to it both the AllShare Hub or the TV and the smartphone;
- Go to the Settings menu of your smartphone;
- Activate the Screen Mirroring from there.
Before we end this short tutorial on how to screen mirror on Samsung Note 9 and Note 8, we just need to add that the AllShare Hub is only for the analog TVs. If you have a Samsung Smart TV, you don’t need that one.