When owning a new Note 8 and Note 9, you may eventually have an issue related to texting. Sometimes, the Note 8 will not be able to send text messages on Note 9 to other people.
You may also one day have issues receiving text messages from another iPhone. Another issue involves not being able to send text messages to another Android, Windows Phone, or Blackberry. This problem is likely to occur if you have been using an iPhone and switch the SIM card to the new Android phone.
Essentially, this happens because you did not disable message before you switched to the new Note 8 and Note 9. The following guide will give you information on how to solve this particular issue on your Android phone.
How to Fix Samsung Note 8 and Note 9 not Receiving Text Messages
- First, remove your SIM card from your Android phone.
- You will need to return it to the iPhone that you were
- Previously using.
- The iPhone will need to be connected to a mobile data
- network or Wi-Fi
- Open the settings and select the “messages” tab
- Locate message and make sure it is set to “off.”
You can now replace the sim in your new Note 8 or Note 9 device. You should be able to send text messages to any phone, and your texting issue should be resolved.
If you do not have the iPhone you previously used, you will need to use the following method to correct the issue. Try visiting here to Deregister iMessage. This option will allow you to turn off message from your Android device.
- Open the page and scroll to the very bottom
- Select the “No longer have my iPhone” option.
- You will need to enter your phone number that is related to your SIM card
- Choose your area and the click to have the code sent to your phone.
- Once you get a code, enter the confirmation code onto the page and click submit.
You should be able to send and receive texts with Samsung Note 9 and Note 8 shortly after following the previous steps.