Samsung offers a special feature on their Galaxy Note 8 devices that allow you to block your phone number from being seen by the person you are trying to contact. This could be a useful feature in many situations and could help keep your phone number and information private.
You will need to know how to access this feature in your setting menu in order to enable the Unknown Caller ID feature.
In this article, this feature may also be referred to as “suppressed telephone number.” It is important to know that while using the Unknown Caller ID feature, your phone call might send information to the other party informing them they are receiving a call from a Private Number of Note 8.
How to make use of Unknown Caller ID on Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
- Open your device’s Home Screen
- Open the Phone Application
- In the upper righthand corner, select More
- Now, from the new pop-up menu, open Settings
- Select Other Settings
- Click to select your phone number from the list of menu options
- This will open three different menu options, including “Hide number,” “Network Standard,” or “Show Number.”
If you would like to block your number when making outbound calls from your Galaxy Note 8 device, you will need to select the “Hide number” option and enable it. If you decide you want your Caller ID to show again, you simply return to this menu and disable the option.