Have you seen other people using their smartphones as a flashlight, you thought that’s cool, and now, you want to know how to turn on the flashlight feature on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
The steps are basic:
- Head to the main panel of your Home screen;
- Find any empty area where you can long press without launching an app;
- Within a second or so, you’ll see that you have accessed the Edit Screen – all icons got smaller and a menu with three options showed up at the bottom of the screen;
- On the newly opened screen, you can see the options – Wallpapers, Widgets, Home Screen Settings;
- Tap on Widgets and this will take you to a list with all the widgets from your Samsung Note 8;
- The Flashlight that you are looking for is labeled as Torch, so, find the Torch entry;
- Select and hold on Torch, then move it anywhere available on the Home screen.
Doing so will reveal to you the new Torch icon, on the main screen. It looks like any other icon of app or widget and all you have to do in order to turn on the flashlight on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is to tap on it. The device will start to light up without you having any new window opened on the screen.
The indicator that you have the Torch active will be an icon displayed in the Notification Bar. Suffices to tap on it in there and to turn off the flashlight whenever you want.
We gave you an answer for the big question of How do I use the flashlight on Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Our method implied using the Edit Screen, though, you can do it relatively just as easy from the launcher. Before we end this tutorial, however, we’d like to suggest you shouldn’t set your expectations too high.
The flashlight is nothing like the LED Maglite but it’s still the most convenient option of this kind. And the fact that you already have it on the phone and it spares you of experiencing with the Play Store, is also convenient. Just use the small torch widget and see how you like it!