You probably don’t think too often about the name of your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 smartphone. But when you end up in a situation where you need to identify your device from a list of other devices, where chances are that there will be at least another Note 8 with the same name as yours… You’ll probably start thinking of a way to adjust your phone’s name.
Whether it’s a Bluetooth connection, a PC connection, or any other action that reveals a generic name, we have a fix for it. Are you ready to discover it?
When you’ve decided with what to change the device name on Galaxy Note 8…
- Unlock the phone;
- Go to the main screen;
- Access the Menu with one swipe downward;
- Head to the general Settings section;
- Select the Device Information section listed in there;
- Identify the Device Name option and tap on it;
- You’ll see a new window extending on the screen and you will have to open it and edit the name of the Samsung Galaxy S8.
You do all that and you can be sure that you have successfully changed the name of your Samsung Galaxy Note 8. It may not be too obvious from the very beginning, but as you get to those parts where you are normally required to select your device from a particular list, you’ll get to see the new name in there instead of the old, simple label of Samsung Galaxy Note 8.