Since smartphones have successfully replaced the wrist clocks a long time ago, it only made sense that they will also replace the traditional clocks in our homes. If you too are considering using a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for its Alarm Clock feature, you are not alone. All over the world, all kinds of people rely on this handy feature to wake up on time, to be reminded of a special event, or to receive important notifications and reminders during the day.
From all the options that the Alarm Clock integrates, the Snooze feature is, perhaps, the most appreciated. But there is a lot more to edit on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 alarm and it will be a pity not to make full use of it. Speaking of which, let us show you what it takes to tweak all these setting, editing, or deleting options!
If you want to create a simple alarm on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8…
- Open the Clock app;
- Go to the Alarms tab;
- Tap on Create;
- Set your desired time from the up/down arrows;
- Set your AM/PM display preference, from the dedicated toggle;
- Tick the days when you want the alarm to repeat – you can also check the Repeat Weekly box, if you want it from Monday to Sunday by default, or you can ignore this option if you want it to be active only at the set time and date;
- You can select a certain alarm tone from the list already available on your Samsung Galaxy Note – or you can add a custom alarm tone from the songs stored on the device;
- You can set the alarm type – vibration, sound, or even both of them at the same time;
- You can adjust the alarm volume slider by dragging it right or left;
- And you can activate the Snooze option if you want to have it available when the alarm will ring;
- Last but not least, set a specific name for your alarm, if you want!
To benefit from the Snooze feature on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 alarm…
Just like mentioned above, despite your smartphone having this option, it won’t show up on the display unless you have previously configured it. That’s why you have a custom Snooze section within the settings of the Alarm Clock. Aside from turning the Snooze feature On or Off, you can also set up the INTERVAL – from 3 or 6 minutes to 10 or 16 minutes, or even 30 minutes) and the REPEAT – 1, 2, 3, 6, or even 10 times in a row.
Say you have picked the 6 minutes interval and the 3 times repeat, it means that when the alarm will ring, you will only receive this Snooze option for three times in a row. Every time you activate it, the alarm will ring after 6 other minutes, but you will only be able to activate it for three times.
Speaking of which, to turn on the Snooze, when the alarm rings, tap and swipe the ZZ yellow sign in any direction. The Snooze will come into play right away.
What else should you know on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 alarm?
If you don’t want to Snooze your alarm – even though you can do it – you also have the option to turn it off directly. This means that instead of the yellow ZZ sign, you will have to tap and swipe the red X sign in any direction you want. This will turn off the alarm right away.
And if you need to delete an alarm previously set on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8, suffices to touch and hold its entry from the Alarm Clock list. Then, you will see the Delete option that you can touch and that was all. To simply leave it for later use, touch the Clock icon instead of anything else.