When you activate the Split Screen and you bring on the Multi Window Feature right on the Home Screen of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, you are on the verge of a whole new experience. The generous screen size of this smartphone, coupled with this special feature, will allow you to run two apps at the same time. By running we also mean using them and getting to see their content on the screen, without having to switch from one app to another just to see what is going on in there.
It sounds awesome but, because working in the Multi Window mode would imply having smaller windows for the two apps, the Split Screen isn’t active by default. And even if you turn it on, you will have to check a special box in order to use the Multi Window Feature whenever you launch a new app. More on how to do all that will be presented below:
First, enable the Split Screen and Multi Window on Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Turn on the phone;
- Head to the Settings menu;
- Select the Device menu;
- Tap the Multi Window subheading;
- At the top right corner, you should be able to spot its toggle;
- Switch the Multi Window toggle to On;
- Select that box of the Open in Multi Window View if you want to keep it a default option, as mentioned above, and then you can leave the settings.
Second, learn how to use the Split Screen and Multi Window on Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- After following the steps from above, you should see a grey semi-circle that popped up on the screen;
- To bring on the Multi Window Mode, just tap on it;
- Then, tap and hold the circle from the middle of the two sections of the screen;
- Drag the circle to resize the two windows;
- Launch the two apps that you want to use and enjoy!
It’s not hard at all to activate the Split Screen and to use whatever apps are supporting the Multi Window on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8!