Be it a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, taking a screen capture is easy and pretty much the same no matter the device. It only requires a few simple steps. The process is almost automatic, the screenshot will go to the Gallery, where you can access it anytime – you’ll see, it’s rather intuitive.
By the way, taking a screen capture is also known as screenshot, hard copy or even screen printing. Wherever you encounter any of these terms, you should know what they are talking about. In this article, we will detail two different strategies for obtaining one thing – a screen capture in Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
The regular way to do a screen capture on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
This is the standard version that most people learn the first time they need to take a shot. It is as simple as pressing and holding two buttons consequently and that was it:
- First, identify the Power button and press it simultaneously with the Home button;
- Hold it firmly until you hear that specific shutter noise for taking the screen capture;
- After you’ve taken the screen capture, look for a notification that will show you the way to the photo you took;
- If you missed that notification or you accidentally dismissed it, you’ll just need to manually access the Gallery app and you’ll find the photo in there.
The secret way to do a screen capture on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
Obviously, this is the less known version. It is even simpler than the first one, provided you do the right settings from the beginning. Long story short, if you enable a particular function of the phone, you will be able to take screen captures by simply swiping the screen:
- Access the device’s settings;
- Go to the menu Motions and gestures;
- Identify and tap on Palm swipe to capture;
- Activate the controller associated with this function;
- And go back to the Home screen.
From now on, you should be able to take a screen capture with a simple swipe gesture.