For those that own the new Samsung Galaxy smartphone, you may want to know how to set screen timeout on Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. You can set time that it takes for your Samsung Galaxy S8 to time out and shut off your screen using the steps below.
Screen Timeout Set Up
- Click on Settings, then choose Display, and then select Screen timeout once you are at the Home screen.
- Select from one of the following:
- 15 sec
- 30 sec
- 1 min
- 2 min
- 5 min
- 10 min
Disable or Enable “Smart Stay”
When you are not looking at your Galaxy S8 screen, it will have feature that will know this. If it notices your eyes are on the screen, your screen will not turn off. You can disable or enable this feature by using the guide below.
- Choose Settings when you are the Home screen.
- Select “Display“.
- Choose to turn On or Off the Smart Stay.
Screen Timeout Disabling
Unfortunately, you are not able to have the option on your Galaxy S8, to turn the feature of your screen turning off when it is not plugged in off. But, you can set your device so that it does not turn the screen off while it is being plugged in using the steps that are below.
- Click on Settings, and then About phone.
- You can unlock the developer mode by clicking the Build number about 7 times.
- You will see the option of Developer options when you look under Settings. There will be an option for Stay Awake under the menu.
After you follow the steps above, you should know how to set screen timeout on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.