If you’ve seen the Wi-Fi tethering option listed among your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus settings but don’t know what to do with it, let us help you! As you will soon discover, it is actually a very cool and useful feature, for whenever you need internet, on a different device than your smartphone, and you cannot or do not want to connect to a public Wi-Fi network.
To cut to the chase, when you set up the Wi-Fi tethering on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, you can use other Wi-Fi enabled devices, connect to it, and use its mobile data as if you would be taking your internet from a wireless network! If you have enough battery and a generous data plan, share the internet from your smartphone with other smartphones, tablets or even computers!
The steps required for setting up Wi-Fi tethering on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus…
- Begin from the Settings center;
- Access the Connections tab listed in there;
- Identify the Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot option available underneath that tab and tap on it;
- Select the Mobile Hotspot feature and change it from Off to On, by using the toggle next to it;
- Confirm the action from the OK button, the moment you’ll be notified that your Wi-Fi connection will be disabled as you activate the Mobile Hotspot;
- Take a look at the bottom of the screen, where you will see your instructions for connecting a device to your Galaxy S9 mobile hotspot and follow those directions as well.
As another important thing you need to take into account, setting up a password for your newly created hotspot is essential. You’re doing this as both a requirement from your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus and the WPA2, so, don’t think that you can or you should ignore this aspect!
How to change password of mobile hotspot for Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus…
- Return to the General Settings of the device;
- Follow the same path, of Connections >> Tethering & Wi-Fi Hotspot;
- Select the Mobile Hotspot and access the extended menu of options from the 3-dot icon;
- Tap on Configure;
- Type in your new password;
- Hit Save before you leave the settings.
Following this second stage, you’re ready to make use of the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus as a mobile hotspot whenever you want. If you’re personally planning on connecting to it from a different device, simply select the Hotspot at the available connections, type the required information – the password you just set included – and enjoy it. Let us know how it works for you or if there’s any other question you need us to answer!