If the notification tunes that sound once a message comes in are not really your cup of tea, you can read the below guidelines to know how to alter them on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. Our guidelines assumes that you are currently using the default text messages app to manage all text messages.
How to set text message tone to pre-installed tune
- Go to the ‘Messages’ app
- Hit “More” on the top right corner
- Then open “Settings’’
- Hit “Notifications”
- Select “notification sounds”
- Browse the notification tune you wish to set and hit “OK”
How to set a custom text message ring tune
If you have a preferred custom media file in a supported format like .wav or .mp3, you can also set them as your text notification tune on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. Simply
- Put the custom sound file in your Galaxy S8
- Download and install the app “Rings Extended”
- Go to the “Messages” app
- Press “More” on the top right corner
- Hit “Settings”
- Hit “Notifications’
- Hit “Notification sounds”
- A prompt “complete using action” appears on your screen. Hit “Rings Extended”
- Hit “Media ringtones”
- Browse the media file you wish to set then hit OK
Why is my message settings and notifications greyed out in my Galaxy S8?
This is probably because you have got another custom application set as your default text messages app. To solve this, you will be required to either set “Messaging” as your default messages app by hitting “default messaging app”, or simply change the notification setting on the other application.