One of the most popular connectivity options available on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus is mobile hotspot feature. If you are experiencing a poor or even an insecure wireless signal in a public place, you can share internet connection with other devices that you grant permission and have the capability to connect to your device. The ability to use your smartphone as a mobile hotspot is a cool experience. In fact, you have to enjoy this at least once for you to feel this great experience.
In this article we share some useful information that is ideal for Samsung users who want to find out how to setup Wi-Fi tethering on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. How this will affect the battery life of your device is a question we have received from other users and we are aware you might as well be concerned about this.
However, this should not be a major concern because with the latest Samsung flagship, battery has been significantly improved. Therefore, based on this you can have some confidence in the battery life though you can still expect this feature to take up more battery juice but not as much as you are probably imagining.
With these facts aside, let`s focus on some other aspects. To use mobile tethering, you need to setup hotspot on your phone. Once you do this, it is advisable that you change the password soonest possible after creating the hotspot. This is for general security reasons and includes the WPA2 security.
First Step- Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus Wi-Fi Tethering Set-up
- Open notifications panel to access settings menu
- Open the connections tab
- Click Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot
- Tap on Mobile Hotspot feature
- Switch it on and off by clicking the toggle
- When turning off, you will get a notification warning that you are about to switch Wi-Fi connection off
- Click OK to complete the action
- To connect other devices to the newly activated Wi-Fi, follow the prompts that appear at the bottom of the display.
Second Step-Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus Wi-Fi Tethering Password Settings Change
- Browse to tethering and Wi-Fi Hotspot from the general settings menu
- Select Mobile hotspot again in this view
- To extend the menu, click on the 3-dots icon
- From the options available tap on configure
- Through the dedicated field you can change the password
- For the changes to take effect click on the save button which will also exit you from the view.
With these having been done, you are now ready to truly experience the tethering function whenever and wherever you need to. For the other device to connect, you should turn on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus Wi-Fi Tethering feature so that the device will be able to connect to the active hotspot.
For indications on the right password to connect to the hotspot, use the information that you will view on the hotspot settings screen. With this, you will truly agree that this is the real beauty of Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.