Some users reported that after using the Galaxy S8 for some while, there is a probability of breaking the Galaxy S8 power button. Then turning it ON and OFF becomes a task if you need to turn your Galaxy S8 on without wasting battery. So you might already be asking yourself, just how do I turn my Galaxy S8 ON or OFF when my Power button is not working?
Well, no need to worry any more if you’ve got the Power button on your smartphone broken or damaged. Just follow the guidelines below on how to turn your Galaxy ON and OFF without the power button. These guidelines are similar if you are using a Galaxy S8+ Plus.
How to turn your Galaxy S8 ON and OFF without using the Power button
- Switch OFF your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus then tap and hold the Volume Down key for just a few seconds.
- While still holding the Volume Down key, use a USB cable to connect your Galaxy S8 or S8+ Plus to a PC.
- Then wait for your device to boot to the ‘Download’ mode.
- Then cancel the operation by pressing down on the volume rocker.
- Once you have cancelled the operation, your Galaxy S8 will turn ON.
Turning OFF your Galaxy S8 without using the Power button
- Tap on the Home button.
- On the Home screen, pick on the “Apps” icon.
- Press on the Play Store icon.
- Input “Button Savior” in the “Search” box.
- Then install the app after downloading it.
- If it is unavailable from the Play Store, installButton Savior directly from the web.
- Open Button Savior after your installation is complete. (You might need to enable debugging mode, click on this guide to learn how to)
- Open Button Savior and Select “Kill/Start Button Savior Service” after you have enabled the Debugging Mode.
- A page then shows up with a small arrow on the right hand side of your page.
- Press it to convert it into icons.
- Press and hold the “Power” key on the lowest part of the icons list to see Device Options.
- Choose the “Power OFF” option to switch OFF your smart phone.
- You have switched OFF your Galaxy S8 successfully without using its Power button.