In case you’re not aware of the reasons that made the Adobe Flash disappear from most Android phones these days, it was the security issue! Manufacturers and developers seemed to agree that web browsing without the flash would make for an improved and safer navigation, therefore, they have taken it out.
Then again, if you want to know why you no longer have the Adobe Flash at hand on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus… You must be one of the users who can’t accept this fact. You are looking, after all, to enjoy the flash player on your smartphone.
This brings us to the second thing you’re probably not aware of – the fact that many internet browsers do offer flash player support, as in built-in support! We’re talking web browsers specifically developed for Android phones – Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus included – like the Dolphin, the Puffin, and even Mozilla. Playing flash videos, SWF games, and so on, on these browsers is still easy.
If you’ve been with us for a while, you must have heard us mention the Dolphin browser. We make no secret out of it: this browser, with its HTML5 video player, incognito browsing options, special tab bars and sidebars and so on, is awesome. You can try any other option, but bear in mind that the following instructions will take Dolphin as a starting point to use flash player on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
How To Install Flash Player On Samsung Galaxy S9 Or Galaxy S9 Plus:
- First, enable the device to accept the installation of third-party APKs, something which is disabled by default:
- Access the Settings menu and navigate to Security;
- Locate the Unknown Sources option in there and check its box;
- Next, go on and install that browser with built-in flash support:
- Navigate to the Google Play Store or follow a direct link if you have one;
- Download and install the app, the Dolphin Browser, for instance, using this link;
- Then, make sure that the Flash Player option is active in your new browser:
- Launch the browser after the installation;
- Access the app’s settings;
- Look for the Flash Player option;
- Verify that its status is Always On;
- Finally, install the Adobe Flash APK from your browser:
- Navigate to any page that requires the Flash Player;
- Expect to be notified of the need to download the Adobe Flash APK;
- Proceed with the installation – since you have previously activated the option to install from unknown sources, you’ll have no difficulties in doing so now;
- Finally, enjoy navigating on that web page with all its full Flash functionality.
Long story short, on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus Flash player is now on your web pages once again!