From all the many features and functions your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus boasts, the flashlight is probably something that doesn’t cross your mind too often. Unfortunately, most of the time you’re thinking about it when you’re in a very dark place, with little to no options on figuring how to activate the flashlight on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Chances are that you’re rather too stressed and can’t find the option. It’s actually easy to spot and doesn’t even compare to the older smartphones, where you had to download a special app from the Play Store. Galaxy S8, just like Galaxy S8+ Plus, makes this function as easy to access as tapping on a widget.
The flashlight on Samsung’s latest flagships really is a widget. You tap once and turn it on, you tap once again and turn it off. A cool and handy feature sitting at your fingertip. How do you get there, you wonder?
How to use Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus as a flashlight:
- From the Home screen, press down on the Home screen button;
- Identify the Wallpapers, Widgets and Home screen settings;
- Tap on Widgets;
- Identify the Torch option and tap on it as well;
- Select the Torch and drag it to a free position of your home screen;
- Tap on the Torch icon to turn on the flashlight;
- Tap on the icon again, or head to the Notification Settings, if you want to turn off the flashlight.
Alternatively, you can use the launcher to get the same thing, but chances are some of the widgets we previously mentioned might be at different locations. Better to simply follow the steps from above. And from now on, you will turn your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus into a flashlight in the blink of an eye – or the tap of a widget, it’s pretty much the same.