One awesome feature that the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus owners can testify to is its ability to view applications in a ‘Multi-window’ mode and the ‘Split Screen View.’ This enables the user more than two applications running simultaneously. However, before you get to enjoy all the fun of the ‘Split Screen View’, you have to first enable it in the Settings menu.
The below guideline will show you how you can enable Split Screen View on your Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus as well as how to use these features.
How to enable the Multi Window Mode on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
- You have to first enable Multi Window in the Settings for you to be able to use the feature. Follow the guidelines below.
- Power ON your Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Browse to Settings
- Under Device, hit on Multi Window
- On the top right corner of the page, turn Multi Window ON.
- Check the box next to ‘Open in Multi Window’ view to standardize the contents of the Multi Window mode
Your screen should show the grey semi-circle if the Multi Window Mode and Split Screen View have been enabled on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. This half circle serves as an indicator that you have actually enabled Split Screen Mode and that you are all set to begin using it.
To begin using the feature on your Galaxy S8, touch the semi-circle to move the Multi Window to the top of the screen. Then begin by dragging the apps you wish to open to the window you wish to open it in. what’s really cool about this feature is that you can actually resize the tab by pressing and holding on the circle in the center of your screen then placing it on to the new location you wish to set it.