Sometimes a notification tone isn’t enough – if you’d like to get a vibration from any emails you receive on your Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus, you must enable the vibration feature in the settings menu. Unlike other notification options, finding the particular settings for email can be a little difficult. We’d suggest following our guide so that you can locate this particular feature.
To begin with, visit your Samsung Galaxy S8 home screen by pressing the home button. Next, tap to open the settings app. Once you’re within the settings app, tap ‘sounds and notifications.’ Next tap App notifications and then tap ‘email’ or any other app you may be using to receive your emails. On the Samsung Galaxy S8 from the home screen the menu and then the Android settings.
You’ll now need to tap the settings (gear) icon in the top right corner to choose the particular email account you’d like to apply the new vibration settings to. Once you’ve chosen an account, a switch for vibrations will be visible. Tap the switch to bring it into the ‘on’ position. Your Galaxy S8 will now vibrate when you receive emails from that particular account.
Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus Vibration For Emails
Alternatively you could follow steps below to change vibrations for emails on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- From the home screen, open apps, then Samsung, then Email.
These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
- Once you’re in the inbox, tap More, which is located in the top right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the account you’d like to change settings for.
- Tap the switch to turn vibration on or off.
- You may also be able to tap Notification sound to change the email tone.
- From here you can choose a ringtone. Afterwards, tap the Back button in the top left of the display.
- Before leaving the app, make sure the Vibrate switch is switched on.