Here is a quick guide that will allow you to access the private folders in Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus and Galaxy S9 storage whenever you need to do this. Alternatively, you can as well use the third party apps downloaded from the Google Play Store which also allow you to hide your files.
However, note that this is a much lengthy process compared to using the in-built application. Did you know that Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus Private Mode which is also referred to as Secure Folder? When you activate this option and use it for all your personal files, then only a person who has your unlock pattern or the pass code can be able to view the contents.
This is a good feature that locks out every other Peeping Tom out there and it is hence good feature for storing your pictures and other media as well. Here are some of the features through which you can access the secure folder on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
Procedure For Enabling Private Mode On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
- The first thing that you must do is to enable the Private Mode on your Samsung Galaxy device
- Swipe from the top portion of your phone downwards and a list of options will be displayed. Select private mode from one of the options that are displayed.
After activating the private mode, a swift tutorial is given by the phone indicating how you should use it. One of the requirements will be setting the new pin code. Keep note of the pin code used as you will always need it whenever you need to use the feature.
Procedure for Disabling Private Mode on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus
In some cases, users get stuck on the private mode and when this happens, you should exit to set the phone back to normal. Do this by swiping downwards from the top of the phone screen. There are several options that will be shown. Select private mode to switch back to the normal mode.
Process of Adding, Removing and Managing Files in Private Mode on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus
Through the private mode, you can be able to store different files that you don’t want to share with other people. For most people, this includes pictures, and videos. You can achieve this through the following steps.
- Enable Private Mode
- Select the photos that you want to appear in private mode from the gallery
- Long press the file until a new menu pops up. On the new menu you will find an option asking you to move the file to private. Tick the option to complete the action. Once done, the file will only be found on the private folder.
- Note that through this approach you will be able to move all kinds of files including whole folders containing media and alike. The process is simple and effective way for you to keep media secure.