For those that bought the new Samsung Galaxy smartphone, you may want to know why doesn’t Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus connect to your PC?
For reasons not known to you, your Samsung Galaxy S8 won’t connect to your PC. There are a few problems users run into when trying to connect their MTP devices to their PC. Here is a few of them.
Check your connecting cable
It is advisable that you try a different cable just to make sure the problem is not with the cable itself
Try connecting via a different port
Try out a different port on your PC. It might be an issue with a defective USB port
Install the necessary software
If you are using a windows PC, ensure that you have all the necessary drivers downloaded and installed. Look out for Samsung’s Support website for your particular device just to make sure you are getting the right drivers for your specific version of your Galaxy smartphone.
For the Mac PC users, try getting and installing Android File Transfer to get your device going
Try re-installing your software
For the Windows users who recently installed the software drivers for their S8, they may be required to uninstall the device in Windows before it can be detected. Do that with the below steps.
- Press down the Windows Key + R to open the “Run” dialog box.
- Type in ‘devmgmt.msc’ and then hit “Enter”
- Expand on “Other Devices” part and the “Portable Devices” part
- Check whether there is a “SAMSUNG_Android” or simply “Unknown device” displayed with a (!) yellow sign. If yes then right click on it then hit “Uninstall”
- Right click on any part of the Device Manager window and choose “scan for hardware changes”. You will hope your device is detected.