What’s more annoying than not having Internet on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus? Having an unreliable and slow Internet connection, the type that makes you want to throw an expensive smartphone out the window!
That’s right, the slow Internet lag on Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, otherwise a commonly reported problem, is very frustrating. Having to take turns between your WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube or Instagram is a real turn off. You have a gorgeous smartphone supposed to handle multiple apps and processes at a time, yet it moves like a snail.
In this article, we are going to walk you through the essentials of a slow Internet lag, from reasons to several different solutions. Don’t throw your smartphone yet, better read on and learn a few cool tips:
Top 11 reasons why the Internet could be slow on a Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus
The most common reasons relate to the Internet connectivity:
- Bad signal strength coming from the network you are trying to connect to;
- Bad Wi-Fi network you’re trying to connect to;
- Accessing a website with lots of traffic, which moves slowly by itself;
- Being connected to a network with too many users;
- Being connected to a currently congested network;
- You have reached the default exceeded data speed limit or speed reduction;
And there are also some reasons that relate to the device itself and the software running on it:
- There are apps running in the background and slowing down the overall functioning of your smartphone;
- Not having sufficient memory on your smartphone;
- Dealing with a corrupted or just full internet cache;
- Having to perform a Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus firmware update;
- Using an outdated browser that requires an update.
Now, we wouldn’t want you to get scared, but all these reasons are potential problems you will have to troubleshoot. So take them one by one, test them, and make sure they are not a reason to blame.
If you’ve got to problem 11 without finding any culprit and your Internet connection speed is still lousy, proceed to the following solutions:
Refresh the Wi-Fi connection
At times, your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus might get stuck on a Wi-Fi network with a very weak signal. The refresh, which implies disabling and then enabling the Wi-Fi, could easily fix the problem. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the general Menu of your smartphone;
- Tap on the Settings icon;
- Go to Connections;
- Select the Wi-Fi;
- Next to the Wi-Fi connection option, there’s a slider currently set to ON – touch it to make it slide to OFF;
- Touch the slider again to reactivate the Wi-Fi connection.
Perform a wipe cache partition
Another solution for the slow Internet connection on a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus could be a wipe cache partition. As opposed to factory resets, this one isn’t so invasive. It means that you don’t need to worry about losing photos, contacts, or any other files you’ve been storing on your device.
These worries being left aside, here’s a useful guide that will show you how to clear cache on a Galaxy S8/S8+ Plus.
Run a malware scan
This is our final solution, a thorough scan of your system, for finding potential malware. Basically, any general malware scanner available for free in the Google Play Store, which enjoys many positive reviews, can be a good option.
So just make a choice, install the app, let it run, and see the results. If any malware is detected, proceed with clearing cache on your smartphone or, as an alternative, perform a factory reset of your Galaxy S8/S8+ Plus. Just bear in mind that this final tweak will delete all data, so have a backup in place before you proceed!
Needless to say, if none of the above worked and you’re still dealing with a slow Internet lag on Galaxy S8, the time has come to ask a technical professional to check your device. It may be irremediably faulty, in which case you should get a new one, or it could require a more sophisticated solution that you’re not having access to. Either way, there’s nothing else you can do on your own.