Do you want to learn how to add new widgets to Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus screen? Or, perhaps, how to personalize everything and organize icons into folders?
The Home screen is a great starting point because you access it often and you can reach it by simply pressing the Home button. If you bring on it everything you use on a regular base, you are going to appreciate knowing how to add widgets.
As your preferences change, so will do the structure of your Home screen. Apps may come and apps may go, but whatever matters to you will always be there. In this article, we’re going to show you how to do just that. We will start from one particular widget and you can repeat the steps until you finish organizing your workspace as you please.
Adding Home screen widgets on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Go to the Home screen of your smartphone;
- Press and hold down right on the wallpaper;
- Tap on Widgets as soon as the Edit screen opens;
- Tap on the widget you want to add to the Home screen;
- Once the widget has moved to the Home screen, press and hold it to customize settings or simply to remove it.
Creating new Home screen folders on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- With the device turned on, press and hold on a particular app from the Home screen;
- Drag the app towards the top of the screen and move it to the option labeled as New Folder;
- Edit the New Folder’s name however you want;
- Tap Done from the keyboard;
- Continue moving other apps in that folder or creating other folders.
All the steps presented in this article also work for dragging the apps contained in the App Drawer. Your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus will certainly get a more personal feeling from now on. And it should also be tidier, especially if you’re using lots of apps at the same time.