Getting phone calls from unknown numbers can happen to anyone, not just to Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus users. And whether it’s someone having fun by making random calls or a telemarketer looking to sell you or question you on something, you are entitled to want to block that call.
At the same time, you could want to block the calls coming from someone you know and with whom you had an argument or a disagreement. Whoever that person is and whatever your reasons might be, you can set up your smartphone so that it will automatically reject those undesired calls. The rejection can apply for specific numbers or as a whole, to anyone calling you with the Unknown Callers function turned on.
In this article, we’re going to show you how to tackle these two options:
How to block the calls coming from a specific number on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
Blocking individual callers on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus is very simple. It basically involves adding their numbers to an Auto Reject List. As long as a number stays on that list, the person calling from it won’t be able to reach you.
To block calls from an individual caller on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Launch the Phone application;
- Access the Call Log section;
- Identify the number that you want to block and tap on it;
- Tap on the More option available at the top right corner of the screen;
- From the extended list of options, tap on “Add to auto reject list”.
How to block the calls coming from all unknown callers on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
Say you already blacklisted a number and that person will try to call you with a hidden number. You can get rid of this problem too, as suggested, by blocking calls from all unknown callers:
- Follow the steps from above to access the Auto reject list and look for the option that allows you to block all calls coming from “Unknown callers”;
- That option will have a toggle currently set to Off that you will have to switch to On.
From now on, you will only receive calls from contact numbers that you have on your agenda, contact numbers that are not on your Auto reject list, and contact numbers that don’t choose to stay hidden during the call.