A Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus doesn’t have too many hard buttons, yet the Power is one of them. Needless to say, this is one of the most important buttons, otherwise, how do you turn on Galaxy S8 with broken Power button?
If you’re currently facing the same problem, you must be worried that you will no longer be able to turn on and use your device. But the fact is that there is this small trick you can put into practice. It’s definitely not as simple or practical as pushing a button, yet it will do its job. What’s more important, the trick applies to Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus devices just as well.
How to turn on your smartphone when the power button is damaged
- Make sure that the device is turned off;
- Press the Volume button and hold it like that for a couple of seconds;
- At the same time, with the Volume button pressed, connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 to a PC through a USB cable;
- The phone will initiate a boot in Download mode;
- As you see this happening, cancel the operation by simply pressing down the volume rocker;
- Once the Download mode boot was stopped, the smartphone will automatically reboot and turn on in the normal functioning mode.
Now you have your device up and running, fully functional, except for the broken Power button. That’s how you turn on a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus when the Power button is damaged, without having to open it up and trying to troubleshoot the problem on your own. Needless to say, this method won’t work forever, so it’s better to seek technical help as soon as you can.