So far, Samsung users have often reported a various range of charging problems on Galaxy S8+ Plus and Galaxy S8. Some said that the smartphone charges but doesn’t turn on after charging. Others report the highly debated grey battery problem. Regardless the nature of the problem, we’re going to show you a couple of things you can try to fix it.
But before we get there, let’s have a close look at some of the most common causes.
Why is Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus not charging?
The not charging – grey battery problem can have more than one trigger:
- Physical defects of the charging connectors – whether it’s the device or the battery itself, the charging connectors might have been accidentally bent, pushed or even broken, preventing the electrical energy flowing through these connectors and reaching the battery;
- Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is defective – it can be a hardware or a software problem that prevents charging, in the second circumstance the device actually charging but having a problem in displaying the battery status;
- The battery is damaged and needs a replacement;
- The phone is having a temporary problem, a glitch that impairs the charging and that might be solved;
- The charging unit or the charging cable could be faulty, requiring a replacement.
Of course, most of the time it’s the simplest faults that users deal with. For instance, a physical defect of the charging cable or a glitch that only takes a simple reset. Based on these two most common Galaxy S8+ Plus and Galaxy S8 charging problems, we’re going to present you two common solutions:
Use a different charging cable
This is the first step you should take when your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is no longer charging as it’s supposed to. Whether the cable itself was damaged or it just lost the proper charging connection, first, you should use a different USB cable.
If the charger is still not working, look online for a new Galaxy cable charger. With the new charger, it should work just fine.
Reset the device
For all those common circumstances when you’re dealing with a system glitch, rebooting your Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus or Galaxy S8 should solve the software issues.
Here is a detailed . Once you go through all these steps, despite it looks like a temporary fix, you might discover it was just the fix that you needed.
Feel free to comment below and share with us any other fixes you’ve tried for the Galaxy S8 charging problems.