There are so many things that you can tweak on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone. Nevertheless, the ringtone is one of the first things you change when you’re trying to add more personality to your device. If you’re not sure how to do it, the good news is that it is incredibly simple.
In this article, we will show you the exact steps that you need to follow in order to select a different ringtone than the default one. Keep in mind that you can choose to personalize only one contact, several contacts, or to select a new ringtone for your entire agenda. Moreover, you can even personalize the ringtones of the messages you receive.
As you can imagine, it all starts from the Settings. To access the general settings of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, you need to go to the Home screen and launch the Apps icon from there. Tap on Settings and you should be able to have access to a special section dedicated to sounds:
- Look for the option labeled as Sounds and Vibration;
- Tap on it and then tap on Ringtone;
- Select your desired ringtone from the pre-defined list of options;
- Select the Add Ringtone option, from the bottom of this section, if you want to browse for a different ringtone, like a song saved on your smartphone;
- Select the location of the song that you want to set as a personalized ringtone;
- Select the actual file.
- Select the Done button.
With these 7 steps, you have changed the ringtone for a particular contact. Everyone else in your agenda will keep the default ringtone. Continue selecting other songs for other contacts, if you want.