For those that own the new iPhone, you may want to know, does iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus have Personal Hotspot? The good news is that Personal Hotspot is a feature on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. This is a great feature that allows you to connect other devices to the Internet when you don’t have Internet access or you’re connected to a weak WiFi connection.
You should know that not all wireless providers have the Personal Hotspot on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus as you need a specific type of plan. The following are instructions to set up Hotspot and then start to use personal hotspot on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. We’ll explain how to change the security settings on Hotspot to allow certain people to connect to your Hotspot.
How to turn the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus into a personal hotspot:
- Turn on your smartphone
- Go to Settings and select n Mobile.
- Now tap on Personal Hotspot and and change Personal Hotspot to On.
- Select on Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Tap on Wi-Fi Password and type in a new password.
- Look for name of the hotspot listed under To Connect Using Wi-Fi.
- Click AirPort in the Menu bar of your Mac and choose the Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Type in the password from Step 4.
Sometimes the Personal Hotspot doesn’t work, if this is happening to you then it’s suggested to contact your carrier. As mentioned before, some wireless plans don’t have the personal hotspot feature, unless you signup for it.
How to change the password and security type for wireless hotspot on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Turn on your smartphone.
- Tap on Settings.
- Select on Personal Hotspot.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi password.
After you follow the steps above you’ll be able to set up and start using Personal Hotspot on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. In addition you can change the password and security type on your smartphone.