The power button of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is probably something you normally ignore, until it stops working. Soon after that, you might notice how useful it used to be and how often you were tapping it without even realizing.
But you obviously have no time to sit and feel sorry for yourself. You need to fix the button, this smartphone is too cool to ditch it for one malfunctioning key, right?
Normally, the guys from Samsung would tell you to refrain from doing such thing all by yourself. They would tell you to take your phone to an authorized service and let those authorized guys take care of it.
We’re not going to say anything; the decision is all yours. We’re just presenting the facts, letting you decide if the following step-by-step guide to fixing the power button of a Samsung Galaxy S8 is something you should try at home or not…
What do you need in order to fix Galaxy S8 power button?
3 things you need to have with you: a special Phillips Screwdriver, the #00 type, a pry tool, and a power button flex cable to replace the faulty one.
Aside from these parts, you could use the following instructions, right?
How to fix Samsung Galaxy S8 power button
- First, make sure that the device is turned off;
- Take off the back cover of the smartphone;
- Gently remove the Home button assembly;
- Disconnect whatever cables are linking this assembly from the screen to the rear housing;
- Use the screwdriver to remove all those tiny screws sitting on the rear housing’s front;
- Release the front and the back clips from the rear housing;
- Take out the headphone jack;
- Replace the flex cable of the power button with the new cable that you bought;
- Follow all these steps in reverse to put all the pieces back together.
Turn on the device and check if the power button is working this time. We’re confident it does, but do share your thoughts with us in case anything went unexpectedly on your side.