You must be using the mobile data or the wireless networks at home, at the office or in public spaces. Have you noticed that your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus Internet speed is kind of slow? It’s not a general thing, though quite a few users are complaining about it. Normally, you wouldn’t notice this flaw easily. But when you access pages with lots of images and you see that it takes forever to load the images and/or ultimately it won’t load the images at all, you know you have a problem.
So, connecting to your Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter or WhatsApp account has become a problem? Let us help you fix this slow internet problem.
Reasons why Internet speed slows down on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- It can be that you have low signal strength or poor signal;
- Perhaps there’s a poor Wi-Fi network you’re trying to connect to;
- Or maybe the website you are trying to access is under heavy load – same if too many users are accessing it at the same time;
- Network congestion is also known to cause internet lags;
- Too many apps running in the background can either slow down the entire device, the internet included, or take up from your bandwidth if they are downloading updates;
- A low memory doesn’t help either;
- And neither a corrupted or full internet cache;
- If you have an outdated browser requiring for updates, it can also be a problem;
- And exceeding the data speed limit or speed reduction will cause a visible drop of speed;
- Last but not least an update of Galaxy S8 firmware shouldn’t be ignored.
It could be scary to think that any of the reasons listed above are a possible cause that you need to look into. Nevertheless, it’s not that hard to troubleshoot a Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone that is having problems with the Internet connection. If you did rule out the entire above and you know it’s not a weak data connection, there is still hope.
Follow these suggestions and you should be able to fix the bad Internet problem:
- Clear the cache
As you can imagine, clearing the cache is not the first thing you have to do when Facebook photographs upload slowly. But if you’ve been through many other attempts and your internet connection is annoyingly slow despite ensuring the best connectivity terms, you need to complete a wipe cache partition.
Your data is safe when doing so, nothing physically stored on the device will be affected – do not worry about your videos, photos, messages or anything else you have in there.
Focus on accessing the Android Recovery Mode and performing a Wipe Cache Partition – read this guide if you don’t know how to clear cache on Galaxy S8 smartphones.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi
This is a simple tweak that can make a great difference. When you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network with a weak signal, anything can go wrong so you’d better access the settings and disable Wi-Fi: go to the main Menu >> Settings >> Connections >> Wi-Fi >> tap on the slider next to it and switch from On to Off.
- Get some tech support
No need to feel ashamed of that, especially when none of the solutions we presented you in this article have solved your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus slow Internet. A specialized shop with trained technicians should be able to look deeper into the problem than you could. Let them decide if they can repair it or if you need to buy a new Samsung Galaxy S8. Just don’t forget to check your warranty; maybe they’ll change it for free.