For bona fide Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus owners, sound problem is not a new topic to you. One of the major issues noticed by some owners includes sound issues while talking on the phone. However, it is worth telling that some sound problems can be as a result of Bluetooth or sound not being loud on your smartphone.
Here are some solutions you can try out when fixing sound problems on your Galaxy S8 smartphone or Galaxy S8+ Plus. If you continue experiencing audio problems, it is advisable that you seek the attention of the retailer or a technician to have your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus repaired or replaced.
Fixing Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus sound problems
- Turn OFF your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, remove and reinsert the SIM card then turn on your smartphone again.
- Debris, dirt or dust could be stuck in your microphone, use compressed air to clean the microphone then check to see whether the audio problem is fixed.
- Turn off your Bluetooth device and check whether this fixes the problem of your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. Some audio problems can be as a result of Bluetooth.
- You can also try wiping the cache of your smartphone and check whether it will solve the audio problem. Read the following guide on how you can wipe the Galaxy S8 cache.
- Another advice would be to enter your Galaxy S8 into Recovery Mode. Follow the guide on how you can enter your Galaxy S8 into Recovery Mode.