Owners of Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus from around the world occasionally report this particular problem: when pressing the power button, the device just vibrates, but if won’t turn on, no matter what they do.
When suspecting that the battery drained out and connecting the device to the charger, the device will again vibrate, yet no charging symbol will show up on the display.
There are also instances when the smartphone looks like it’s about to get started, flashing the Samsung logo, just to shut off its display right after that.
If you’ve experienced any of these circumstances, you might have felt like there’s no way of getting out of it. But there is and we’re going to show you, right in this article, what to do when Galaxy S8 doesn’t turn on, just vibrates.
As opposed to many of the topics we have covered before, this one will actually imply a technical repair intervention. So, get your tools out because we are about to start:
What to do when dealing with the Galaxy S8 won’t turn on just vibrates issue
Some might tell you to simply take the phone to an authorized service. But it will probably cost you a lot, especially if the phone will be out of warranty. Plus, it’s not like you can’t handle the situation all by yourself. Below, you will find what we call 10 easy steps for fixing this Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus issue. Read on, see what’s all about, and then decide if you’d like to try this solution on your own:
- First of all, make sure that the device is turned off;
- Remove its back cover and also take out the battery;
- Use a screwdriver and take out the screws that secure the back cover;
- Gently detach the two folds that are currently holding together the rear and the front of the smartphone;
- Once you’ve completely removed the back of the device, identify the cover of the power button;
- Go on removing the actual power button;
- Gently move the button in all four directions, by using a screwdriver – you’re only trying to loosen it up a little bit;
- Just as gently remove the circuit board and try to remove whatever dust or dirt was trapped underneath preventing the contact;
- Replace the battery of the device and try to power up the unit – it’s ok if it’s not working from the first attempt, just keep trying;
- Once you managed to turn the smartphone on, put everything together like it was.
From now on, the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus should start smoothly. If you encounter such problems again, it may be some debris stuck between the power button and its cover. That’s right, this is usually the reason why the device won’t turn on just vibrates – the power button doesn’t make contact as it was supposed to. But now you know what you have to do.