One of the reasons why the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus are so popular is that they offer surprisingly many customization options. Personalizing your ringtones for calls and messages is one of them. And even though it’s not a new or unique feature, it’s still interesting to put it into practice whenever you feel like doing so.
You may be wondering how to customize Samsung Galaxy S8 ringtones on different occasions, if you want to:
- Make your smartphone feel more personal;
- Express your personality through the ringtones you use;
- Show your feelings for a particular person (be careful what ringtone you chose for when the boss is calling!);
- Know who is calling or texting before you even take the phone out of the pocket (judging by the personalized ringtone, you might decide you don’t want to take the phone out of the pocket at all!).
In this article, we are going to focus on the instructions on how to set custom ringtones for each contact:
- Open the dialer app of your smartphone;
- Browse for the contact whose ringtone you want to personalize;
- Select that contact by simply tapping on the name;
- Look for the pen-shaped icon that will show up around the name;
- In the editing window that will launch, tap the Ringtone button;
- You should now see a new popup window with all the available ringtone sounds;
- Browse and select the desired ringtone for that particular contact;
- If you’re not happy with your options, tap on the Add option;
- Browse until you find the audio files on your device storage;
- Select the preferred ringtone.
And that was it. You just personalized that contact’s ringtone. The next time you’ll get a call from that number, you’re going to hear the selected song.
Needless to say, all the other contacts in your agenda keep the standard default sound from your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus settings. Continue personalizing other contacts as well!