Like it or not, the Lockscreen is actually the first thing you get to see on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus as you are trying to access it. So, you might as well make the best of it, by personalizing it with some special icons and widgets. Go ahead, knock yourself out with a brand-new wallpaper if you’re in the mood for a change. All of that is possible and in this article, you’re going to learn how to do it.
If the new wallpaper is more for fun and for personalizing your smartphone, the insertion of icons and widgets will obviously have a more practical purpose. It will give you fast and easy access to bites of information.
What kind of information can you display on your custom Lockscreen? Whether it’s a Samsung Galaxy S8 or a Galaxy S8+ Plus…
- If you want to know the time from home and the time from the country you’re currently visiting, add the Dual Clock;
- If you want to see what time is it much easier or, on the contrary, you dislike the font size, use the Clock Size app;
- If you want to always know what date is it, the Show the Date is obviously the best choice;
- If you want to access your smartphone’s camera without going through all the menus, use the Camera Shortcut app;
- If you want to display some important information for you, perhaps your Twitter handles or something similar, the Owner Information is a cool feature to personalize and add;
- If you want to be surprised when you eventually unlock the device, explore some special themes with catchy effects and animation via the Unlock Effect;
- Last but not least, if you want to add or remove basic apps such as pedometer, weather or anything similar, use the Additional Info
These are some of the most interesting things you can implement on the Lockscreen. If it’s not enough for you, we have saved the best for the last:
How to change the Lockscreen Wallpaper in Galaxy S8 / S8+ Plus
This process is surprisingly similar to the one in the previous model of the Galaxy. If you’ve ever had a phone like that, you must know what we’re talking about. If you didn’t, you will find out within seconds. It really is that simple:
- Identify an empty space on the Home screen;
- Press and hold on it;
- Wait for the Edit Mode to launch, the one where you add all those widgets;
- From there, select Wallpaper;
- Tap on Lock screen;
- Surf through the default options that Samsung makes available for changing the lockscreen wallpaper;
- If you want something different, tap on More images;
- Browse your device until you find a particular photo from your smartphone;
- Select it and it will be automatically set as your Galaxy S8 lockscreen wallpaper.
Now you’ve covered all your options so just enjoy it!